Monday, May 10, 2010

More Random Thoughts

Random Thoughts and Questions for today:

1. Why does 69 inside seem so much colder than 69 outside? 
2. Why do guys have to dowse themselves in cologne before they go to the gym?  Seriously, I thought I was going to pass out while on the elliptical today because every time I breathed in, all I got is a big waft of the guys cologne beside me.  It isn't the first time that has happened.
3. I think Phineas and Ferb is one of the best cartoons ever made. It is intelligently written and has an awesome overall premise.  It shows the amazing ingenuity and imagination that kids have, without being disrespectful to adults.  The characters are actually kind to one another - except for sister Candace, but in the end, even she comes around.  It teaches good lessons without being corny.  And the music is great. I listen to the soundtrack in the car, even when the kids aren't with me.  It just makes me feel happy.
4. Bella and Elias are developing an great sense of humor and I wish I could record the funny things they say every day.  They are also becoming great helpers.  When I think back to all they are able to do now, compared to a year ago, it amazes me.
5. I got my final paperwork for my trip to Peru.  I will be with 20 people, ranging in ages from 13-71 with the median age around 50 and almost an even number of men and women.  I am excited to meet everyone. I feel like it is going to be here before I know it.  I am thinking of all the stuff I want to take and all the things I want to but know I can't.
6. I really would like to take a family vacation somewhere this year.  Josh and I are not very good vacation takers.  We always end up feeling like it is too expensive and so we take short weekend trips close by, but nothing substantial or terribly exciting and it normally ends up doubling as a chance to visit family.  Every year we always say we are going to take a real vacation one day, but we never do. 
7. I need to buy some outdoor flowers for the summer.  It isn't nearly as fun to do it, now that I don't get them from my parents house (or cheap, of course).  It makes me miss my parents nursery business every Spring all over again.  I really never thought I would miss it when they talked about ending it.  Odd how things matter when you don't realize they do.

I am glad I named my blog "Random Thoughts", since that is what I have to communicate most of the time! 

1 comment:

Maria said...

I like Phineas and Ferb too!!! It's so great when the kids' shows aren't horribly boring!! I've also caught myself getting wrapped up in Troy's movies, like Camp Rock and Star Struck!