Elias lost another tooth last night and the tooth fairy forgot to come again! I really need to get my mom license revoked!
I don't know if God gets involved with matters of the tooth fairy or if it was just my guilty conscience nudging me, but I woke up to what I thought were the kids talking. I looked at my clock, realized it was 6:30, had a few seconds of agitation that they got up before 7, then realized that we had forgotten to do the exchange again last night! But then I listened again and realized that I didn't hear anything. I came out and the kids were still sleeping. I rarely ever wake up before the kids and often it takes them yelling or saying "Mommy" repeatedly in my face to wake me even then!
So I had to sneak into Elias' room in broad daylight and try to finagle the bag open that held the tooth and put the money in without waking him!
We had decided to get a special tooth fairy bag to put Elias' tooth in and hang it on his bed post. We told him that we would call the tooth fairy and tell her and that she would be happy because it would be easier for her to find his tooth without waking him up. We put the tooth in a silk cinch top jewelry bag that I had in my closet, thinking we were so clever. Well, I didn't realize how hard it would be to find a tooth approximately the size of a grain of rice in the bottom of that bag or how hard it would be to get the strings that went down over the post so effortlessly back off of the post! I am thankful that our boy is a very heavy sleeper because I made enough noise for the Tooth Fairy, Santa Claus, and Easter Bunny combined!
We have got to get this Tooth Fairy thing figured out, because Bella is a fairly light sleeper. I am sure she would not sleep through early morning visits from the tooth fairy!
Then Elias comes out when he wakes up 30 minutes later and says, "You know the worst part about me keeping losing all my teeth? The Tooth Fairy brings me less money now. She only gave me a $1!" Josh said, "When I was a kid, I only got a quarter. Elias looked at him in disbelief and said, "What? That's crazy!"
No comments:
Post a Comment