Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day

I got a card for mother's day that says, "Mom, you sure had to put up with a lot of obnoxious behavior over the years!...but enough about dad!" I loved it! 

There is an old saying, not sure who first said it, but I have found that it rings true. "You can always tell how a man will treat his wife by the way he treats his mother."

My husband has always been good to his mother.  He would tell her that he loved her in front of me even before we were officially dating.  And I now have a very good relationship with his mother because of the love and respect he has always shown both of us, in proper proportions.

I had a great weekend and I got the privilege of watching my son following in his daddy's footsteps.  He put so much work into coloring pictures for me and preparing me a perfect present.  He also was very gentlemanly all weekend to me.  I am very proud of the man he is becoming. 

Bella also worked hard on her card and gifts for me.  She loves to please me and looks up to me and it is scary!  I hope that I am teaching Bella how to be a woman who loves God and her family in the same way Elias is learning from his dad. 

I am very blessed!





These last three were taken in quick succession.  If you clicked through them quickly, it looks like an old movie.  


Me an my mother-in-law.

Josh and his mama.  They don't look anything alike, do they?

No comments: