I may have mentioned it once or twice!
Anyway, I went yesterday and it awesome, as I thought it would be. Not only did we get a lot of great information, but it was just plain fun! I have been to a lot conferences, even youth leadership conferences, and this was by far one of most purposely fun conferences I have ever seen. They had a stress ball throwing match, hilarious videos, a light show to a Michael Jackson song montage, and they handed out ring pops and pixie sticks on the way out the doors. It was crazy to see grown men sucking on ring pops.
Andy Stanley was talking about the importance of the presentation. He said in the past, churches often had teenagers sitting through boring Sunday school classes that taught the truth of the Bible and the gospel, but didn't teach them why it was relevant to their lives or how to apply it. So he said essentially, they learned that God is boring and the Bible is boring, and as soon as they were old enough to have freedom to leave, they did.
Well, I can tell you one thing. Yesterday was not boring!
I was going to put some of the bullet points of things I learned on this blog post, but as I read through my notes, it is so hard to communicate the meaning of the bullet points without sharing the context. And because I can't fill you in on the context in one short post, I will just tell you that it was well worth the trip.
The day wasn't just great because of the conference speakers, but also for the time in between...I will talk about it in my next post.
No comments:
Post a Comment