Sunday, March 18, 2012

To work I go...

Random observations about going back to work as a substitute teacher....
1. I forgot how great it feels to get out of work clothes at the end of the day.
2. I found that I was more productive at home in the hours I had.
3. It is hard on everyone when mamma's not home, even if the kids are at school for most of the time when I am gone.
4. Waking up and leaving before it is light outside makes me a little sad.
5. I really still like teaching.
6. There are many kids who want to be told there is a reason to have hope for their future.
7. My body protests a lot more than it used to about being on my feet for 7 hours straight.
8. Kids seem bigger to me than they should be.
9. Isabella thinks it is really cool that I am now "a real teacher" and has decided that she doesn't want to wait until she's an adult to be one herself.
10. I am wondering how many of these kids I am going to run into at the pool this summer.  I don't know how I feel about them seeing me in a bathing suit, if I am going to have to sub for them again next year.

And last, but not least....
I think I will sub in the public schools to afford to send my kids to private school!

1 comment:

Do Not Disturb said...

Great list. We are still slightly undetermined about whether the next year will have me teaching at home or as a sub but your list looks like it will mirror mine almost exactly when I start subbing again.

Megan