Monday, October 17, 2011

Learning...but no longer as frustrated

I have been being really proactive about getting to the root of Bella's behavior this weekend and addressing the motivations of her actions, instead of just the behavior itself.


 I have learned two things. 

1. She gets her quick temper from me (which I knew already) and when I stay calm over a long period of time, she stays calmer.  But if my fuse blows just once, then the whole process starts over again.

2. We have let Elias be the "big brother who picks on her" a little too much.  He is very covert about how he does this sometimes, so we don't even notice that he is doing it, until she completely loses it.  Elias doesn't like it much when we focus on what he may be doing wrong to instigate her behavior, so he has been more volatile and upset this weekend. 


Oh, the joys of raising kids and all the things (and flaws) it reveals to you about yourself!

1 comment:

m.wright said...

It really is amazing how parenting shows our flaws! Thanks for sharing where you are at. Sometimes it is hard to admit we don't have control in areas we really think we should but keep at it and continue to listen to what God would have you do.