Tuesday, April 13, 2010

To Peru I go...in August.

I have been so busy lately, but nothing I feel is blog-worthy.  We are all experiencing Spring fever.  It has been particularly difficult on Elias.  Not only has he had to adjust to not being home to play outdoors to his heart's content, but his schoolwork has became increasingly more difficult.  All the kids in his class and even the entire school are hyper and it makes his ability to focus even more hindered.  I am looking forward to when he is out of school and he can have a little more free time - and, to be honest, so that we can have some more unscheduled time as well.  It seems like we are always trying to squeeze so much into each day & often sleep gets put on the back burner!
 
I have recently sent in my registration for a trip to Peru in August to visit my Compassion sponsored child.  Originally, I had planned on trying to take on some cleaning and/or organizing jobs to help fund my trip.  But since we have been so busy, I am not sure if that is going to be possible.  I am sure we will work it out somehow, but I honestly was looking forward to trying to raise some funds by taking on some short-term projects.  I find a lot of satisfaction in cleaning and organizing.  And when I do it for other people, I don't have to see how quickly the work I have done gets turned upside down ; ) .  I am still considering trying to do some short-term projects, but it may have to wait until school ends.  I am excited about meeting my sponsored child and getting to get a picture with him, so my kids can really see that I have met him.  I am also very nervous about leaving my kids for a week, especially because they will probably be starting school the week I am gone.  I had almost decided to not go after I heard that the trip was going to be the week school normally started, but the lovely ladies in my small group assured me that I wasn't the world's worst mother for making the decision to go.  It is still difficult to think about missing their first days, but I know that my kids will be fine with Josh and my mother-in-law.  And there have been and will be many other firsts that I share with them.  I will also get to share many stories with them (and everyone who reads my blog) about my experiences there.  And maybe one day in the future when the kids are older, we can all go visit Elias again in Peru.  I know from hearing so many stories of about sponsor visits that I will not regret going.

1 comment:

Maria said...

Wonderful Jennifer!!! I"ll be praying that God provides all you need for your trip!!