Elias has a tooth on the bottom that is just beginning to wiggle. You have to really watch to see it and get pretty close, since the movement is so slight. He is so excited that he might soon be among the snaggle-toothed older kids in his school. I feel like he can't possibly be old enough to be losing teeth already. When Bella went to bed tonight, she said, "What does the tooth fairy look like mommy? I don't want the tooth fairy to come here. I think she'll be scary looking." I had to convince her that even if the tooth fairy came, she wouldn't be coming into her room. And that it might be a while before she even comes to retrieve Elias tooth.
We had company tonight and I was showing them pictures and I was amazed at how small the kids looked when we first moved into this house two years ago today. I sometimes forget how much they have grown and changed, especially Bella.
The book we are reading for our small group study has really been reminding me not to stress over circumstances and to savor all that God gives you. Today, Bella and I went to Walmart and I allowed Bella to take a long time playing with the dolls and looking at the fish. I watched Bella look with amazement at the fish and I realized just how amazing those little creatures were. Some of them were spotted, some striped, some with frilly fins, some glowed. There was even some that were see through and all you could see were their skeletons and others that had lips - LIPS, I am not kidding. As I looked at them with her, it was like I had never realized how some of the smallest of God's creation show the unique beauty that God puts on all His work before. It made a trip to Walmart so much more enjoyable. (Note to those who may not know this about me - I DESPISE going to Walmart. I may post about this in the near future. I have been doing a little shopping experiment that has surprised even me.)
No comments:
Post a Comment