Monday, February 4, 2013

Again with the Links!

When I wrote about my trip to Peru, I mentioned Mapi. Mapi is actually a nickname. Her given name is Maria. She was one of our translators who had been a Compassion sponsored child. I so enjoyed spending time with her in Peru. Since my trip to Peru, Mapi has married an American and now lives less than 500 miles from me.  But last weekend, she was on the other side of our country speaking at a Compassion advocate event that my trip mate (and now online friend) Jill was able to attend.

Check out her post and pictures at Compassion Family.

Most of the Super Bowl commercials are not even worth the first view, let alone a second one! But if you didn't get to see the "God Made a Farmer" commercial, it was one of few that had any redeemable qualities. When I saw it, I actually automatically thought of the Farmer's wife, Ann Voskamp. I guess I wasn't the only one, because it seems that someone sent her a link in the late hours last evening.  She wrote a blog post about it, but then added her own addition, "God Made a Mother".  So beautiful.

No comments: