I am becoming addicted to looking for "gifts". Ann Voskamp's gifts are so simple and subtle and often not dependent on circumstance, but just about being a living, breathing human on earth - like enjoying how the sun hits bubbles in a sink and sends rainbows of light through them. She doesn't qualify them by explaining why they make her feel alive or grateful, she just lists them.
I have felt like my heart is being opened to those things I would have left ignored, so today, I am going to attempt to list some more Ann Voskamp style...
54. A clean, clutter-free counter
55. Red painted toenails
56. "Letting it all out"
57. A simple band that rings my finger
58. The wall pecking in the sun, telling me it is morning again
59. Thursday
60. Reading the Bible from a leather-bound book, not on a screen
61. No T.V. still
62. Bread and Butter
No comments:
Post a Comment