Monday, October 11, 2010

Letters to unsponsored children

When I visited Peru, we often asked if the children had sponsors and if they received letters from them.  Even before the words came out of their mouths, I could almost always tell who received letters and who did not by the children's facial expressions.  If they received letters, their faces would light up, as if remembering all the words from their sponsors.  If they didn't have sponsors or didn't receive letters, their faces would instantly look a little sad and they would often drop their heads a few inches before they responded that they did not receive letters. 

So this Christmas, we all have an opportunity to give some of these children who do not receive letters a  chance to get a little bit extra joy - a letter from you. 

Below, I have copied and pasted Julie's blog.  She is an advocate who was with me on my trip to Peru.  Her blog gives instructions on how you can be part of this wonderful gift to unsponsored children.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last year the girls and I wrote letters to unsponsored children for Christmas. We wrote about 5 different letters and then photocopied each one 10 times. Then we mailed them off to Compassion with a note explaining that these were for unsponsored children...it's the only time of year you get to do this, and after meeting many unsponsored children in Peru, I know the kids who receive them must feel the love of Christ through the letters.

I just found out we can do this again! I would encourage you to do the same. It's an easy, easy way to touch the lives of children in other countries for very little cost.

Here are the guidelines:
1. Write a letter or card that would be received by boy or girl, young or old.
2. Include a cover letter explaining that the letters are for unsponsored children.
3. If you wish, specify which country you want your letters delivered to.
4. Mail the letters to
Atten: Laverne, Sponsor Correspondence Team
Compassion International
Colorado Springs, CO 80997

***Cards must be received by 11/30/2010, so mail them soon! ***
I'm so thankful for opportunities like this and hope you'll join me in blessing some kids.

1 comment:

Gwenc5543 said...

Jennifer,
I am going to direct my scrapbooking group to your blog. We make cards for different groups (soldiers). They might be interested in sending a bunch.