Every day when start my day, I think, "Today will be the day that I feel caught up". And then something breaks, I get put on hold too long, a child gets sick, and all my thoughts of finally feeling like I have accomplished enough to feel caught up vanish like a mist.
What is really necessary? What is really beneficial? What does God want? - Then Bella calls me from downstairs and says, "Mommy, can you come read to me?". Or as I grab a glass of tea, I catch sight of Elias and Xiomara smiling back at me from their pictures on the door and I remember kissing their soft cheeks and being in their world. Or I realize that I haven't really even looked at Josh all evening, as he walks into the bathroom to brush his teeth while I wash my face. Or I get a call from a friend who is really hurting and she could care less about the to do list for the day, because the crisis we all hope will never happen to us has truly struck her. I realize that most of the stuff that fills my day clutters not just my time, but my heart. How do I reconcile the things that I jot down with a pen in my planner with the realization that it takes so much - so much time, so much of me, so much of life. But even as I type this, I know that this is life and I want to live to my fullest and not leave myself wishing if only I had...
So today, I will do what I can and leave what I can't and love every person that I can along the way. Because that is really all I have to do today.
No comments:
Post a Comment