Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Home again, Home again,


This is a picture of Jocilyn (I don't know if that is how you spell her name).  I mentioned her in a previous blog.  Her face has been like a snapshot in my mind ever since the moment I met her.

Many have asked me for pictures and about my trip.  I will get pictures posted soon, I promise.  I have been strangely unable to say much about my trip to anyone but my husband.  It is like the feelings and thoughts are still too deep to trust with anyone.  I don't want to be applauded for a job well-done (even though I know the intentions of people's comments are kind, somehow it feels hard to hear), and I don't want the people I met to be to be put into a category or confined to a description that I may give.  I have spent the time since arriving home thinking and feeling, A LOT.  I have kissed and hugged and loved on my family almost more than they can tolerate.  I look around at the things that I allow myself to get stressed about on a daily basis here and could now, frankly, care less about them.  I know that as the days pass, this will change, but right now I just can't care about my house being messy or whether my pantry is stocked or whether I attend the PTO meeting, so that the school knows I care about my son's education and the school at large.  I just can't.

Sara Groves has a song that somewhat describes how I feel today.  It is really all that I can say today.

I Saw What I Saw

By Sara Groves


I saw what I saw and I can't forget it
I heard what I heard and I can't go back
I know what I know and I can't deny it
something on the road, cut me to the soul
your pain has changed me
your dream inspires
your face a memory
your hope a fire
your courage asks me what I'm afraid of
and what I know of love
we've done what we've done and we can't erase it
we are what we are and it's more than enough
we have what we have but it's no substitution
something on the road, cut me to the soul
chorus
I say what I say with no hesitation
I have what I have but I'm giving it up
I do what I do with deep conviction
something on the road, cut me to the soul
chorus 2x
your courage asks me what I’m afraid of
your courage asks me what I am made of
your courage asks me what I’m afraid of
and what I know of love
and what I know of god

1 comment:

Jill Foley said...

I can relate to your thoughts and feelings so much. I have noticed that what held my attention pre-Peru is just not that important to me anymore. I'm sure these feelings will fade as I am more and more distracted with life here, but there is quite a disconnect right now.