Well, Elias has been off school for almost two full weeks now. If I had a dime for every time I said, "I wish you two would stop fighting!", I would be a millionaire, or at least have enough to go on a nice vacation or something. But the unscheduled time has still been a nice change. We have gotten a few things accomplished on my list of summer projects and have added a couple more. I recently bought two books in hopes to have some downtime to sit and read, but I have yet to break open either one. Today, when thunderstorms rolled through, I thought how I used to love to sit and read during thunderstorms. But, alas, it wasn't meant to be today. I had to make a trip to the DMV and to get an oil change, so I couldn't.
Things have definitely been different with Elias home. Elias has been getting bored pretty easily and asks on a daily basis where we are going to go and if he can have a friend over. He has also realized that knowing how to read and write is powerful. He has been trying to figure out what things say when he sees them and when we went to see Toy Story 3 last weekend for Father's Day, he was able to read the word "donation" and "attic" without any help. He was so proud of himself. Bella had gotten used to having the house to herself for a period of time everyday and not being treated as the little sister 24/7. She has also not been getting the amount of sleep she is accustomed to, because we have been getting them to bed later, but she still gets up at 7 a.m. So they have both had some adjusting to do.
Without having all the evenings scheduled, I constantly feel like I am forgetting somewhere I am supposed to be or something I am supposed to do. I often go out thinking I have to rush home and then realize that there is no reason to get home quickly.
I am really excited because our dear friends from college, who now live out of the country, are coming to visit next week. I may not let them leave! It will be a very quick visit, since they have many more people who they need to visit in a very short time before they return to their home on the other side of the world. So, needless to say, I won't be blogging at all for a few days.
No comments:
Post a Comment