Another school year is over. The kids are enjoying this first beautiful day off by playing with the neighbor kids.
The kids ended the year strong. Both of them had good grades and I really saw both of them mature in many ways over the past year. They are both looking forward to next school year. I can hardly believe that it will be Elias' last year of elementary school. I am so glad that he has a positive attitude about learning now. Last school year, trying to get him to read and learn was torturous for everyone! Bella had another great year. She is just a natural student who loves to learn, so she takes to every subject quickly. The kids have already scoped out the next grades' teachers and have decided which ones they would like to have! I have told them to not get their heart set on anyone in particular!
I took a picture of the kids last night in the same place I took their "beginning of the year" pictures. They had been playing and were a little disheveled looking, but it gives me an idea of how they have grown. Bella lost her 2 front teeth just a week or two after school began and she still has no teeth yet! We keep thinking they will pop through any day, but we have been thinking that for 6 months! The 2 teeth beside Elias' front ones have not grown in yet either. In fact, they are taking so long that the dentist x-rayed him to make sure they are up in his gums. I didn't know this, until I had met 3 different people that were missing those teeth, that those are teeth that people commonly are missing. They put in implants and have veneers to replace them. Luckily, Elias' teeth are up there, they are just taking their own sweet time to come in.
 |
| This is the beginning of the school year. |
 |
| This is the end of the school year. |
 |
| We took them to Burger King (their choice) to celebrate the end of the year and Bella wanted to show off her toy from her meal. |
|
| |
No comments:
Post a Comment