Monday, November 7, 2011

The "No Boot" countdown has ended

I am currently looking at both of my feet.  Surprisingly, it has been an adjustment since Friday to be without it.  The orthopedic doctor said that I still have to wear it when I am going to be on my feet a lot or active or on uneven ground, etc. and I have to go to physical therapy for a few weeks.  It is definitely getting better and I am glad that I am on the end of my recovery.  Of course, I was hoping to hear that I was free and clear to go back to life as usual, but I am glad that the doctor is managing my care well.

It is amazing how much muscle a person can lose in a short period of time.  My leg and foot that have been in the brace are about 1/2 the size of the other one.  I am anxious to get active again, but I am trying to be good and listen to the doctor!

2 comments:

Maria said...

Yay!!! I can't believe you were in that boot for so long, from the summer?? Definitely listen to the doctor....you don't want to be in that boot again!!! Well, I am glad it is off and life can resume to normal with two unbooted feet!! (well, unless you count snow boot season!! ha ha!!)

m.wright said...

Glad to hear it. Keep it easy but I am sure you are glad about it.