Today has felt like a day and a half and I still have several things to do before going to bed. Josh and I went out of town for the weekend for a Compassion Conference. There are so many things I would like to share about that experience, but it will have to wait until I get our bags unpacked at least! To put it briefly, I love being part of Compassion and I am so glad that it has opened my eyes to the world outside of my own little life.
I felt like this morning I hit the ground running. Unfortunately, I think someone was holding onto the back of my shirt. It's been one of those days that I have felt like I have done everything and nothing all at once. This is just a short synopsis of what I did today, not necessarily in order. I got dressed; got the kids dressed; feed them; feed them again; convinced them that they didn't need to be fed again; broke up several arguments; wiped up many mysterious sticky spots from the kitchen floor (you may have those - where you don't remember spilling anything, but your socks stick to them when you walk by.); scheduled Elias' well child check-up; made a grocery list; called to invite all of my family here for Easter dinner; got Elias' hair cut; returned some shin guards to Dick's Sporting goods; watched the kids play Wii in GameStop for 40 minutes while we waited for the ladies at the Sears portrait studio to return from lunch so we could pick up Elias' birthday pictures; went to the dentist (did I mention that I forgot to have the kids brush their teeth before we left the house); encouraged Elias to let the hygienist pull his very loose tooth who was nice enough to use numbing gel first; found out that I have a cavity and a possibility of some damage to the root of my front tooth from Bella ramming her head into my mouth yesterday upon my return; went to the pet store to get hermit crab supplies (and found out that I should have the humane society take away our poor, neglected crabs that have pretty much been ignored for months, minus me filling a sponge with tap water every 4-5 days - which I found out is not only harmful to them, but that I am supposed to be bathing them once a week in treated water. Hermit crabs are supposed to be the easiest pets around, right?); threw dinner together; put the hermit crabs in their bath to soak; threw a dozen eggs in some water because we had promised the kids that tonight would be egg dying night; ate dinner at warp speed; threw all the plates in the sink; finished getting the hermit crabs settled-one crab in the regular cage and the other crab in a temporary cage to change shells; got the dye ready for the eggs; spent an hour reminding Bella that eggs couldn't be fixed if they broke and collecting them when they did; cleaned up the dye; got the kids to bed; went through my e-mail; cleaned up everything that had collected on my kitchen counter; hunted for a dollar so Josh could sneak into Elias' room and locate the tooth that is only slightly bigger than a grain of rice and replace it with money, which Elias will want to go and spend immediately when he wakes up tomorrow!
At some point, I think sleep would be wise to include into my schedule, but I have a few more things to do before that can happen. - And one of them isn't even to unpack my suitcase! I know that this entry is probably not grammatically correct, but it matches the run-on mode my brain is on right now. Since when did a normal day involve bathing hermit crabs, while boiling eggs and pasta?
1 comment:
ha ha ha!! sounds like my day!! Welcome to Spring Break!!! :)
Post a Comment